Nate Sawyer, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist NC #1836
About Nate Sawyer Counseling - My approach and philosophy
The relationship you form with a counselor can help move you to making the changes you desire in life. Maybe you feel stuck, or you've been going through a lot and no one seems to care? Maybe it's having some one else to aide you in discovering more of what you were made for! Or are you facing some challenges with an important relationship? I focus on helping you expand and strengthen resources by establishing clear goals for personal growth. I strive to help people feel comfortable in therapy and use creative strategies to help them unlock their potential.
As a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, I particularly love working with couples, families, and relationships. A father of three, married for ten years, I have experienced how amazing and challenging relationships can be.
Click Here to Verify my License!
I specialize in working with, couples, adolescents, and families in issues such as identity, self esteem, attachment, depression, loneliness, sexuality, self harm, thoughts of suicide, relationships - and then as adults or parents we experience the fall out of those unresolved issues. Some challenges might include making tough decisions, dealing with difficult relationships, trauma, needing/wanting better communication, life transitions, substance abuse, or loss of various kinds – death, divorce, or illness. As a culturally curious person, I have experience providing therapy support for clients from all over the world from various backgrounds and cultures.
More about Nate:
More about Nate:
- Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist, NC License # 1836
- Member of American Associate of Marriage & Family Therapists, since 2011
- Member of North Carolina Association for Marriage & Family Therapists, since 2011
- Trained in Ecosysteic Structural Family Therapy
- Trained in Gottman Couples Counseling Method Level #1
- Trained in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Trained in Emotion Focused Couples Therapy
- M.A. Marriage & Family Therapy from Pfeiffer University
- 15 years of experience working with and counseling adolescents and their families as a mentor and teacher in schools, churches, and the community